Sunday, November 1, 2015

Work in Progress: Some More Blue Rope

I haven’t quite finished the new fringe rope, as I’ve been busy constructing this year’s Hallowe’en costume and taking a bit of time to just recharge. I’ve got lots of full weekends coming up in November, so I’ll be able to get things back on track and get started on all of the ideas swirling around in my brain. I've got something really spectacular planned. Stay tuned!

Blue and Orange Necklace in Progress


The all-blue rope for this new necklace is coming along nicely, although I’ve depleted a lot of the colors already so it’s taking a little extra time to cull them as I go. Even though the strange uniformity of Czech seed beads seems to always lead to these little setbacks, I’m still rather fond of them. I’m thinking I’ll have to start organizing and planning with different types of projects in mind for the beads that are left over after a piece is complete, and I’ve used all the ‘good’ beads in a hank.

I didn’t have a set plan for the fringe on this one when I started, but I’m thinking that I’ll mimic all or part of the ombré pattern in the strands when the time comes. I’m looking forward to seeing it all come together!

What are you making right now?

Copyright 2015 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


2 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a short time now. I just wanted to tell you that watching what you make and how you go about it has reawoken my desire to be doing the same thing. I am going through a move right now, but when I get settled I want to set some goals and really dig into this lovely pastime once again. Who knows, i might even try my hand at a blog like you have here. Thanks for providing the inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! And thank you for joining me on this little adventure. I hope that you find the time you need to really dive back in. There's nothing like coming home to beads at the end of the day.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com